Friday, September 26, 2008

Ghost World


The other day I went over to the HMV mega store on Burrard Street in search of a Russell Brand dvd of some sort. No such luck in Canada, but that's a whole other story. What I did find in the bargain/sale/crap films section was a copy of Ghost World --- for six bucks! Why is the world in total ruin? Because they're selling the DVD Daddy Daycare for $29.95 and Ghost World for $6.00.

"People,
people who don't need people;
they're the luckiest people in the world" -
This is the version I sing.
Other than the few people who read this blog, people don't get smart things - whether it's movies, music (especially), design, you name it. I used to be one of those people. When I was still married, I knew hardly a thing. I rented this movie back then and, of course, I didn't understand what was so good about it. Then I separated and got to know some 'smart' people. People who know who the hell Lee Hazelwood is, people who own Bottlerock, Rushmore, The Royal Tanenbaums, Annie Hall and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Needless to say, Ghost World is now one of favorite flicks. It even has Steve Bescemi in it, so you're pretty much guaranteed it's going to be awesome. The two girls, Enid (Thora Birch) and Rebecca (Scarlett Johansson), are exactly like Marni and I. That is when I had Marni with me in cube-de-ville. I'm not sure which one of us is Enid or Rebecca, but does it really matter? They both have bitterness down to a fine art.

And whilst I was searching for an image, I came across THIS BLOG. Try not to like it more than mine.

So that's what I'm doing tonight until the big debates are on. Does anyone else notice that John McCain's right eye looks different than his left? He is freaking me out. He looks possessed. I'm beginning to believe in Reptilians and it has nothing to do with the fact I listen to Coast To Coast in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

Ghost World is awesome...