Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Fleet Foxes


in the beloved vain of Band of Horses and Sparklehorse, I give you The Fleet Foxes. Fleet Foxes hail from Seattle and I just love this folk-roots-rock sound. It's the genuine, no frills deal.



I can't take credit for finding these guys though. It's Rich Terfry from CBC Radio Two. I heard it as I was driving home tonight. The song he selected was Ragged Wood, but I came home and just bought the whole album off iTunes. Please note: This is Not The Cure. This Does Not Sound ANYTHING like Depeche Mode. Yes, I am a bipolar music nazi.

This video is totally lame but it's the only one I could find for Ragged Wood. Checking out their MySpace site, I loved "English House"'. But the iTunes version is SO much better. Download that one at least. It will make for great autumn drives.

No comments: