Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Radio 2, I apologize



Months ago I had a post about my disappointment for CBC Radio 2's reformatting. I made a big deal about Radio Host, Tom Allen being reduced to introducing strictly Canadian 'pop' bands like Barenaked Ladies or Bryan Adams. Well, I take it all back. Not only am I listening to CBC Radio 2 on the way to work, but I'm streaming it as I come to and get ready for work.



Tom Allen I love, obviously. He's a smart, witty, good Canadian guy all around. But their playlist is not only interesting, but it's just plain good; concentrating on singer-songwriter roots/rock/folk type music. Despite the Barenaked Ladies song "Jane" that just started (:/), I now know that that I really Matthew Barber and his single "And You Give" from the album On Ghost Notes.

Overall, it's great morning sound. If you ask me. And you know, you never do.

No comments: