Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Patty's Day Dinner and a few films


I'm staying in tonight and preparing my mom's Colcannon dinner,   I've rented "MILK" as well as another film, obscure and from the UK, "Happy-Go-Lucky".   That's my St Patrick's Day thing. 

Today at work I was completely drained since we received a call about an older German Shepherd wondering through traffic in West Van - limping but totally disoriented and not street smart - completely lost.  Our bylaw officer couldn't get him and now the guy is still lost, hopefully not getting hit by a vehicle.  I can't take it. I left work around 4:45 and went looking for him myself.  The SPCA in West Van doesn't handle animals at large - they don't do it.  They have the staff and the vehicles, but believe or not, you call about a missing dog you've found and they tell you to call the Municipal Hall.  

I'm wondering if the West Vancouver SPCA is nothing more than a cheap dog hotel.  It's crazy and stupid and I hate it.  I WILL lose sleep over this dog.  It's my worst nightmare.  
This is the face I'm thinking about...

2 comments:

Lianne said...

Hon, I totally feel your despair! A poor dog wandering around, lost and in pain - OMG -- it breaks my heart. I just hugged Cass and told her she is never allowed out without me.

Dan W Johnson said...

They spend all their time trying to get out of the yard and when they finally do they look all disoriented and lost. Poor li'l guy...