Saturday, April 18, 2009

Coachella Valley Music Festival



Last night Coachella Festival's big guns were out. They piped up Paul McCartney as the lead for last night's line up, but Morrissey and Leonard Cohen were the real stars of the day's platform. No offense Paul, it's just that we liked your music a lot more when your best fried was John Lennon and your wife was Linda.

Here's what caught my eye on my iGoogle page this morning:

Midway through the set, Morrissey said, "I can smell burning flesh and I hope to God it's human," as the smell of barbequed meat from nearby food stands wafted through the air. A few minutes later, the famous vegetarian walked off the stage in the middle of 'Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others'.

He returned shortly afterward, saying, "The smell of burning animals is making me sick. I just couldn't bear it."


All I can say is I love you Morrissey. I'm taking comfort in the fact that he is currently in my same time-zone.

1 comment:

Lianne said...

Oh, I loved the other picture of the little lamb -- how adorable. It's little face -- do you remember Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop?