Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Good Reminders



Sometimes forgiveness can be a small act or a large act of kindness. Yesterday while on Facebook, I came across someone's profile who I thought had done me much harm. I looked at a photo of him with his two daughters and I softened and felt utter compassion for him. I realized he didn't mean to do the harm he had done and it wasn't all directed at me personally.

Months later I see that it was a necessary step and it was part of my journey - part of my life - the part of my life I have chosen. It had been meant to happen but I was too focussed on the minutia. Panning back from the situation I can set aside that negative experience and take out of it the learning curve I had to go through. I heard someone say recently, "If you're going through hell, keep going." I think it's one of Winston Churchill's quotes--he had so many. Anyways, I did. I kept going until the other side. Now I can see the forest for the trees. Thank you Universe. You rock as always.

No comments: