Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's coming on Christmas, they're cutting down trees




"Happiness is a state of activity"
(Aristotle)

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of"
(Albert Camus)


So I got the tree this past Saturday.
A five foot Noble Fir.
Besides fumbling to get it in the dang stand Saturday late afternoon, I lit it up with five strands of lights.

Clear and hot pink.
Cool lime green bobbles.

But the real story is me wondering around the Nursery. The tree man, Andrew, at GardenWorks North Van, sprung my selection down from it's twine fixture. He re-cut the trunk, trimmed up the stray sprigs at the bottom, wrapped it in a net like a sausage, thrust it over his shoulder and asked "Where are you parked?"

Me: "At the end of the parking lot down the lane." - "But I haven't paid for it yet!"

Andrew: "Not to worry. It's on me. "

Me: "NO WAY! I couldn't do that?!"

Andrew: "It's my pleasure Love."

Ah, It's Christmas.

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

That's awesome! Exchange numbers?