Saturday, March 5, 2011

This arrived today...



After the dismal week I've had, this is keeping me laughing to myself. For instance, the chapter, "Better Read Than Dead: A Revised Opinion", the first sentence ensures that this is a book that I will be taking with me everywhere. So please read from page 32 of the soft-cover:

"My attendance at grammar school coincided rather unappealingly with the height of the cold war. This resulted in my spending a portion of each day sitting cross-legged, head in lap, either alone under my desk or, more sociably, against the wall in the corridor. When not so occupied I could be found sitting in class reading avidly about the horrors of life under Communism. I was not a slow child, but I believed passionately that Communists were a race of horned men who divided their time equally between the burning of Nancy Drew books and devising a plan of nuclear attack that would land the largest and most lethal bomb squarely upon the third-grade class of Thomas Jefferson School in Morristown, New Jersey."

No comments: