Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Just another night. In the cold city.


Winter came symbolically early, but in the physical, I suppose you could accuse it of being late. The slender leaves still clung wholeheartedly to the weeping willow outside in the front yard, and white blossoms still engulfed a protected geranium on the patio. Why was winter symbolically early? Because  summer was faint and wilted. The summer vibration of light, energy, nervousness, sickness and obsession was completely and utterly invisible. Gone.

2 comments:

merit la frenière said...

Not to be a Lisa Simpson know-it-all, but technically it's still autumn in the northern hemisphere. Aside from that, I agree that the cool weather is late in appearing. We had a snowy Halloween in Virginia, which was definitely unusual. But November and now early December have been so mild I can take my dog out or walk around my garden in shorts and a t-shirt. Before I get too excited about the pleasant weather, I remember 2011 is the hottest year on record. Melancholy thought indeed.

mr shankly said...

"The slender leaves still clung wholeheartedly to the weeping willow outside in the front yard, and white blossoms still engulfed a protected geranium on my deck." beautifully put.