Saturday, August 16, 2008

Re-Inventing the Blog. The only thing white is its background



I've been thinking and I have to agree with my friend Steve. He says that it's not nice that my mom thinks I'm wasting my life with the type of blog I do. And I think he's right.

I tried the pretty/nice/white-bread way and I realized while listening to my iPod and "enjoy the silence" was blasting through my brain, that's not what I'm about. I wear black on the outside because black is how I feel on the inside - okay Morrissey again - I'm self deprecating - it's a craft I've perfected kind of like Woody Allen has. I'm obsessed with death - I hate flying - elevators make me want to carry rosary beads - I wish I was Catholic, but I'm just an Anglican - I'm bitter, but funny. I rant. Hey, I can't please my mother - that makes me an icon in parts of North America.

So I may change the name of this blog on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. But I'll tell you one thing, it's never going to be called something as limp as "Belle Terre".
What was I thinking?!

No comments: