Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday and Ts in my iTunes

How lame is it that I'm resorting to alliteration for a blog post inspiration?  Lame.  It's Tuesday and T is for Tuesday and T is for...well, Tom Vek. I'd post the video for "I ain't saying my goodbyes" but it's been disabled by request. So you'll just have to follow this link.   He's about 12-years old and completely is funneling something between 70's punk and 80's new wave.  How is this possible?  Well he's from London, England - we can start there. They're just smarter than us face it. 

But as Canadians, we're somewhat easily entertained. We're one step ahead of our American counterparts and about two steps behind our British counterparts. So with that really insulting sentence, I have one hell of a video that is, well, CANADIAN.  The Tragically Hip is our band - no matter what kind of real Canadian you are - you ARE a Hip Fan.  You may or may not understand "Trailer Park Boys" (really bad eastern television), but if you do, well then You're the darkest one...

Take it away Mr. Gord Downie...call me if you're ever gonna be single.

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

Great post Hun, one of my faves and a totally underrated album...