Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stepping into the unknown


I purchased a daytimer this year in an effort to keep myself in order; something I aspire to do every January. Some years have longer tenures than others. Like last year's only got as far as March before I lost interest in maintaining it. Some years I find by November my datebook is chalk full of diligent reminders and worthy entries.
This year while milling about at Indigo Books after Christmas, my choice was to opt for something more creative, positive, you know, going against my eagerness to be somewhat bitter or picking up the usual black and white Paris datebook - not that there's anything wrong with that. My 2009 Datebook is a Pema Chodron one. Pema Chodron is an ordained Buddhist nun who's work is about applying the Buddhist teachings into everyday life. It's rather a pretty daytimer; each month has a title page and index marker for easy reference (one of the reasons I purchased it) and each month's title page has a quote or word of wisdom on it.

January reads, "The spiritual journey goes beyond hope and fear; it involves stepping into unknown territory, continually moving forward".

I think I selected the perfect datebook this year. The universe is back on speaking terms with me.

No comments: